The next obvious stage was to provide a completely alphabetical option of the bingo reviews and BallsUp Bingo was born – again with the help and expertise of Lee. What you should know is that before BallsUp I had no knowledge of running a forum or a web page, everything I know now I have learnt along the way.
So now Mel and I had to convert all the bbcoded (language used in forums) to html (language used for most web pages) – a time consuming exercise.
Somewhere along the line we had been told about affiliate marketing (the ability to earn money for directing people to a site to purchase a service). We had been providing reviews for our members, not for monetary gain.
Mel, like myself has a family and her daughter suffers from a disability so although I have three children they are all older and I have a very supportive husband, Mel, like Jim found she couldnt commit the same time to the site as me. As a consequence she was paid her share of the business and left – leaving just me to own the BallsUp name.
What I have tried to carry on from the inception of BallsUp is the honesty and integrity of the reviews and the way I conduct business.
I try to deal with people as I would like to be dealt with and in the industry am probably known as a soft touch – I can live with that because I believe in Karma.
BallsUp Bingo and forum you see as they are now have come from 18 months of blood. sweat and tears – at times I have neglected my family, fallen out with friends, and sat at the PC crying with frustration at things – but one thing is certain I would not be where I am now with out the following people – an I would like to take this time to thank them….
- Lee (McDogs) – my inspiration, when I wanted to give up, for pushing me on.
- Kath (BoHoPiXiE) – for being a true friend, one I can whinge to, laugh with and cry with.
- Dianne (Cags / DirtyGerty) – for her tireless support everyday.
- Simon – you know who you are, and for believing in BallsUp from day one.
- Grant – the same as with Simon, for the belief.
- Martyn – for the input on SEO – and the soundest piece of advice ever – “the less clicks the better”.
- Austen (Mr.Love) – for loving me unconditionally.
One last thing – because I’m sure I’ve bored you all do death – I am only ever an email away, for suggestions, input, complaints, ANYTHING – I’d love to hear from you all.